|No other sailmaker can match the experience and resources of the North design team...|
• 65 sail designers representing over 350 years of combined experienceA legacy of leadership...
• 5 full-time software engineers dedicated purely to the development of our sail design software
• 28 years of leadership in computerized sail design.
• North was the first sailmaker to perform computerized structural analysis in sails.
• North was the first sailmaker to analyze upwind sail shapes with computer air flow simulations
• North was the first sailmaker to implement 3-dimensional computer modeling.
• North was the first sailmaker to develop and use an integrated suite of sail design software
• North was the first sailmaker to develop and use computer aided laser sail panel cutting, dramatically improving accuracy and consistency in sail production.
• North was the first sailmaker to test downwind sails using a “twisted flow” wind tunnel, which simulates differences in apparent wind speed and apparent wind angle between deck level and the upper part of the rig.
• North was the first sailmaker to develop an accurate wind flow modeling software for analysis of downwind sails. Virtual Wind Tunnel accurately analyzes stress, strain and wind flow at 100% scale.